Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bliss + Time + Breaking rules = ????

Over the whole week I have been studying for a math test. I told myself earily on in the week that any free time I had will be used to study for this test. So all week I have done what I told myself I was going to do, STUDY STUDY STUDY. Then on friday night one of my roommates insisted that we go snowboarding the next day. My initial thoughts were no, I have to study for the comming test. But then I thought about this assignment and reasoned with myself that it was a good enough excuse for me to go. It was such a nice break from the relentless math equations going throught my head all week. I really think that the break I took yesterday has made me more able to focus today.

Breaking the Rules

In the business world there is this necessity for a hierarchy between workers and management. Whether it is a very flat organization or tall it seems almost every business has in some sort or another this metaphorical chain of command. What I want to purpose is a business situation with no leaders, no one person is any more above or important than another one. Everyone getting paid the same wage in order to accomplish a common goal. Why do people hate there jobs? Why do good and responsible people who know they have to earn a living and know the only way to do that is to have a job have there work hindered by anger and resenment. This anger and resentment brought about by condescending and demoralizing hierarchy within the business environment. I personally believe if you actually took the time and found responsible people that word work together as a team to accomplish goals that you would end up with a very highly productive group. While also fulfilling a social responsibility of creating a happy work environment for your employees. Something that although exists on the exterior of the business worlds agenda, seems to be unaddressed when you actually look at the workings of the corporate world. Now this idea might be flawed, you might get those people that slack off or you might get that natural nature of people to form a hierarchy of management consciously or unconsciously. But what if you didnt what if you found that perfect group, think of what might be able to be accomplished...what if

No comments:

Post a Comment